Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Unexpectations

For A Start
I have to admit, it is never easy for me to introduce myself to anybody with one introduction. Most of the times, I'd go to such length of adding 'Ulam Raja' after 'Ismed', assuming they are familiar with Tiga Abdul by the late Tan Sri P. Ramlee, just to get them catch the pronounciation of 'Ismed' and then say,"Owh, aaahhh..." nodding in acknowledgement of the famous character in the film. Let alone 'Chayadie' as I am yet to find an efficient way introduce it.

Anyway, I am not going to market my name today nor explain the history why I am named as such. It's just that lately, this particular name has emerged for few times unexpectedly and somehow left an impact on my life.

I have just attended an interview session for a post in the government. It was the final stage before being offered to that premiere post. I am really hoping of making it through, not just because of the stature of the post, but also for all the efforts poured in to get through to this level. Anyway, recalling how this name surfaced for making it through the two previous selection sessions, it was really unexpected for me to reach this level. It started as a try and I hope for another unexpected result for the ending (of the beginning, I hope).

Talking of which, afterwards, I went to get the latest copy of DCM (Digital Camera Magazine). It's the issue I've been waiting for the past 7 months as it announces the overall winner between the six monthly winners of the 'Photo of The Month' contest from the previous six issues. Though the result is expected as I have not received any call prior to the publishing of this much waited issue, it still disappoints me as I have expected an unexpected result, just like it did when I was announced the winner for the month of August. Anyway, as being pointed out by a friend, being the only Malay candidate has already stripped me off any chances of getting my hand on that Canon 50D as the grand prize.

Just to sum it all for today, as I head home, I received a text message from a good friend of mine who is now working at my former workplace. He told me of the news about the project that I was once on it when I was there has won an international award, setting aside famous names such as Foster etc. At first, I'm not that amused as I am no longer part of the company but somehow thinking of how much contributions I've given to that project, it feels like it (the project) is always part of me and how I wish that my name will appear anywhere in the credit list. Somehow, looking at the ego of those two principles (architect an their egoes), I don't think the always-unexpected 'Ismed Chayadie' will also make any emergence here.

Life is always full of surprises, as long as you don't expect for any returns for what you did.

Here's the link to the mentioned project.


2 comments:

leprikon said...

blog baru ka ni? hehehhehe tahniah tahniah hehehhehe

digitelwerk said...

haha...diberi nafas baru. tq...tq