Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Decade Gone

Today is the last day of the year 2009. It is also the last day of the decade. 10 years have passed and being a "time-sequential" type of guy, this is the time zone where I would strongly love to relate to what I have done within the past 10 years.

2000
I welcomed it with a big bang at Suntec City, Singapore. It was a tiring day having to walk for hours scouting along the Orchard Road for the best spot to welcome the new millennium. It was also the day of anticipation for the much hyped Y2K phenomenon.

2001
The first time I experienced a mutual love feeling (I was only on a one-sided love before). 25th of March at 9.30 in the morning, in a light brown car with registration of WBP 5489 and heading towards the Larkin bus terminal, were the details of that one fine morning. It was when I became the luckiest man in the world to be accepted as the love of her life. And now, we're married blessed with one cute little girl.

2002
I would say the year where I truly enjoy my life the most. Young at 22, being loved by a girl and with lots of friends around with lots of fun things to do and lots of things to learn - everything seemed good. Eventhough I was temporarily crippled on my right leg at the early of the year, I still managed to get my feet underwater, snorkelling in the heavenly clear water of Perhentian Island. Also during this year I extended my undergraduate study, though I never had any regrets at all as I was given a chance to experience the "Master of the Housing" studio, a truly nostalgic moment with you guys! (you know who you are).

2003
The first time experiencing working in a real architect firm where I had to undergo 6 months of industrial training with the industry's player as part of the university's syllabus. It wasn't nice, to be frank. Still, it's a memory worth remembering. Included, the "Urban Study" studio with Alor Setar as the case study city. Another cool semester to be in it.

2004
It's the time whether I'm going to make it or failed it. Years of training as an architectural undergraduate, it's about time to prepare myself for the working world outside. I remember a moment with Botuck in the car, when we were heading to a beach for our regular end of semester outing,

"Med, remember this moment when we are not obliged to any companies, no urge under any circumstance on financial matters and that we, now are heading exactly the opposite direction of the morning rush traffic going for an escapade at the beach where as those people on the other side are bounded by the system. Anyway, we're going to that side after this, so let us just treasure this moment."

And I do.

2005
The naive undergraduate took on a job, believing one day he could be a superstar architect. How naive, poor boy.

2006
I left the firm, with valuable knowledge to join a reputable developer. "Probably this is my cup of tea", I thought.

2007
Apparently it's not my cup of tea. I'm a designer, not some corporate slaves trying to climb up the ladder licking my boss' arse. I left the company and returned back to architectural world (after few hiccups though).

Before I left, I've decided to make the big move. This is the year when I tied the knot after only few months of planning. From mono, I am now stereo.

2008
It's time from two becomes three. Welcome Dhea Batrishea. You complete us.

However, on a sad note, we lost our dear mother.

2009
The year of roller coaster. I'm yet to feel the fun side of it.

I would conclude that this decade is for me to grow up. A transition to be a better man. As the decade changes, so does the initial number representing my age as I will enter the age group of 30s.

Seriously, I want to chart for a better future. So long my 20s and I will remember you well and surely I am going to miss you like I miss my teenage years.

2 comments:

Admin said...

mr busu..

good luck in your 30's.. yet another chapter will be open.. all the best..
n hadapi dengan senyuman :D

digitelwerk said...

hehe...thanks bro. aku 20 tahun la...

...sepuluh tahun yg lepas haha