Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dhea Batrishea at Putrajaya

My plan was to get a nice shot of the newly completed and much-hyped "Masjid Besi" in Putrajaya before we (me, Lira & Dhea) head on to KLIA to send off a relative pursuing her study in India. I was elated knowing that now I have the set of GND filters in bag, I could probably bring home some beautiful images. To my disappointment the sky was dull and hazy plus no initial recon made the mission considerably a failure.

I managed to get there but the mosque is huge though. How am I going to get around scouting for nice angle while towing Lira & Dhea behind me? However, inside the main compartment in my bag, there laid a set of wonderful glasses of Jena, a prime at 180mm. I borrowed it while the owner is having a 2 weeks time off somewhere in Europe as I write. We let Dhea loose, and me, maintaining at a certain distance started to shoot her while she ran around happily.

It's good to see her happy again after falling sick for days and it's good for me to be able to lay my hands on that wonderful lens again. Just that I need to practice hard on the manual focusing - at 180mm!

No comments: